Monday, August 17, 2026

MSC Poesia - Alaska - August 17, 2021

 


We are sailing on MSC's sailing on her wonderful ship, MSC Poesia.  I am with my fellow cruisers.  This is my first public cruise on MSC, November 1, 2010.  This is my 2nd Poesia cruise,  and my 236th cruise. 

Day 0,  Sunday, August 16th, Seattle, WA
I was up at 4:30 a.m. and met my favorite guy, Jamicia, to take me to the TPA airport.  I was on my flight heading west and arrived early, around 11:00 a.m. local time.  I made my way to pick up my luggage, and then headed to the last rail carriage toward town.  I arrived at the carriage around noon.  I settled down and went down to Pikes Peak and took a little roundabout.  Soon I was back and used my key to get into my room at Pikes Mall. I saw my group, then slept well.  

Day 1, Monday, August 17th, Seattle, WA
I was up early to prepare for my arrival.  I slept early, then met my group around 10:00-ish; we went to the place next door for some Chicken Vittles and were back by 11:00 a.m. to catch our flight to the MSC Poesia.  We spread out our flights, boarded the MSC ship, and decided to stay in the aft lounge on the Poesia.  We posted on social media until they announced our cabins were ready.  We had several social media spots, and we really enjoyed our eye-catching views from our aft-facing balconies.  It was very nice.  At just after 5:00 p.m., we met for our long-awaited round of drinks, then went to Drinks at about 6:00 p.m. for our Masters of the Sea meal.  I had the Burrata Cheese & Beetroot, a Shrimp Cocktail, the Filet Mignon with Onion Rings, and a Baked Potato.  It was very good.  I went back to my favorite place.  It was a great day on the Poesia of the Seas.  
 
Day 2, August 18th, Sailing up the Canadian Coast.
I was up early and went down to the Security Desk.  Then I was on the way for the rest of the day.  I had the sailing up the Canadian coast today.  It went very well.  We were delivered to our new late-night offering at about 7:15 p.m.  I had Summer Delight for dinner tonight.

Day 3,  August 19th, Ketchikan, U. S.
I left early, enjoyed several locations, and met my group at 11:15 a.m. We met at the Majority, then went next door to the RCL Anthem for about 20 minutes for our stop. We toured a canning factory, then went to the Parkway dining location for a meal.  Once back on board, we ate at the dining area, if needed. I really enjoyed it very much.  
 
Day 4, August 20th  Icy Straight, Hoonah, U.S.
We stayed on board today as it was rather pleasant off board.  We ate at the late-night buffet.
 
Day 5,  August 21st. U.S. Endicott Arm & Juneau U. S.
We did an effective, pleasant day sailing up the arm of the fjords to see the Endicott Arm, where it itself is mostly subsurface.  It was nice, and the aft view was perfect.  We then disembarked in Juneau.  I did my walk to a chosen Deck Hand Dave's for a two-meat halibut dinner.  My third of four trips.  I also stopped in the Red Frog for a course on the way back.  Arriving around 6:30, as the weather was getting bad, it was a fine visit.
 
Day 6, August 22nd at Sea
I ordered around 8:00 a.m. and ate breakfast at the buffet.  I had a Victory Metal Meal and Starlight Lounge Chips bar bacon. It was very nice indeed.  I rested for the rest of the evening, attended our V&C Starlight Lounge show, and had an evening meal.  It was a nice evening.
 
Day 7, August 23rd, in Victoria, Canada
I ordered a relatively light meal and had it on deck.  I had the Victoria Falls cooking with the side course of sausage.  I then went back at about 3:00 p.m. and did a tour on deck 14 too.
 
 
 
 

No comments: